“Bariatric surgery is just a tool, not a cure-all. I know that I am responsible for making myself successful.” Sound familiar? Have you said this yourself? But are you struggling to make this real in your daily life?
Individual and group therapy can be helpful in getting you and keeping you on track for success. Specific objectives include:
- Addressing harmful thought patterns such as all-or-nothing thinking
- Implementing helpful behaviors such as eating on a schedule and food journaling
- Finding an exercise plan you can stick with
- Improving the quality of sleep
- Controlling stress with meditation
- Increasing mindfulness in all aspects of daily life